Table of Contents
The ECO4 grants are the UK government’s commitment to supporting low-income households and improving public health.
ECO4 grants are funded by the government as a part of the ECO4 Scheme. With a mission to improve the EPC Ratings of 3.5 million homes in Great Britain. Additionally, the main objectives of the scheme are to reduce the carbon footprint, cut short fuel expenses, and improve the living conditions of the people.
What is the ECO 4 Grant Scheme?
ECO 4 grant is a government-funded scheme that allows you to upgrade your boilers by replacing them with the latest A-grade boilers. Most old boilers are not energy efficient and they consume more power than the current boilers. They burn more fuel and produce less efficiency – they’re up to 65% efficient.
However, the latest boilers are more than 90% efficient on average.
What is ErP boiler rating system?
ErP boiler rating system is a labelling system that lets you quickly check the efficiency rating of your boiler. As per the official ErP (Energy Related Products Directive), the efficiency of the boilers is given below.
But the real question is what are the benefits of upgrading your boiler?
You can enjoy the following benefits by upgrading your boiler today
- Meet Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES)
- Improved living conditions within the property
- Improved thermal comfort within the property
- Access to grants and incentives
- Reduced environmental impact
- Avoid potential penalties
- Increased property value
- Lower energy bills
This scheme is worth £4 billion, and people who receive benefits from the government are eligible but there are a few other requirements that we’ll discuss in this article. ECO4 was introduced by the government in April 2022 and will run until 31st March 2026.
Types of ECO 4 grant:
There are 4 types of ECO4 grants available from the government to support low-income households.
- Boiler Grant
- Insulation Grant
- Heat Pump Grant
- Central Heating System Grant
These grants will favour low-income households to improve their property value, EPC Ratings, and living conditions, lower energy bills, avoid potential penalties and more.
The end goal of the ECO 4 grant scheme is to achieve zero carbon emissions by the year 2050 and make Britain greater than it ever was.
We have to admit that our environment today is more damaged than it ever was. Every part of the world is affected by environmental pollution due to industrialization, transportation emissions, improper waste management, deforestation etc. Sadly, the UK is not immune to these environmental damages.
Go back 20+ years in time and think about the fresh air, the greenery, and the clear night sky – wasn’t it beautiful? It was indeed. Sigh!
But we can’t turn back time. Can we?
That is why the UK government’s financial support introduced the ECO4 Scheme to reduce environmental pollution in the UK so that our future generations could live better life and breathe fresh and healthier air.
Free Boiler Grant
You don’t have to worry about the costly repairs of inefficient boilers anymore. Now you can get a free boiler upgrade and improve your EPC Ratings – courtesy of the UK Government.
The UK government’s ECO 4 grant is a funding program that offers £1BN annually from April 2022 until March 2026. £4 billion in total – every single penny for your welfare. You can get free insulation installed along with the boiler grant – imagine how much money you’ll save.
Now you can have a properly insulated home easily and improve your property’s EPC Ratings. Not only this, but you can help maintain a clean environment. As well as reduce your energy bills.
Check your eligibility for Boiler Grant and get benefits if you’re eligible for free grants.
Free Insulation Grant
The UK government’s ECO 4 grant was introduced to improve the living conditions of low-income households. Especially the ones most vulnerable. This free insulation grant comes with the free boiler grant – that’s 2X times the value.
Insulation helps to reduce heat transfer between the interior and exterior of your home, thereby minimizing the need for heating or cooling. This can lead to significant energy savings and lower utility bills.
- You can prevent condensation, moisture buildup, and associated problems like mould growth and structural damage.
- Insulating your home reduces energy consumption, leading to substantial long-term savings.
- Insulating your home will reduce the transmission of external noises.
Interested in improving your home’s comfort? Check your eligibility for Insulation Grant
Free Air Source Heat Pump Grant
You can have a warm room temperature and quality air within your home with this air source heat pump grant. Thanks to the UK government.
Just like insulation, heat pumps bring a range of benefits to your home:
- A heat pump reduces the transfer of heat between the interior and exterior of your home, significantly reducing the need for traditional heating methods. Also, this leads to substantial energy savings and a noticeable reduction in utility bills.
- Heat pumps utilize renewable energy sources, such as the warmth present in the air or ground, to provide efficient heating for your home. By utilizing these sustainable resources, you contribute to the reduction of carbon emissions and environmental preservation.
- With a heat pump, you can enjoy consistent heating throughout your home. Besides, it maintains a comfortable temperature, eliminating cold spots and providing a cosy environment for you and your family.
Additional benefits of the Free Heat Pump Grant include:
- Like insulation, heat pumps help prevent condensation, moisture buildup, and related issues like mould growth and structural damage.
- By reducing your energy consumption, heat pumps lead to substantial long-term savings on your utility bills.
- Heat pumps are designed to be durable and have a longer lifespan compared to traditional heating and cooling systems. With proper maintenance, a heat pump can serve your home for many years, providing reliable comfort.
Are you ready to enjoy the benefits of this free heat pump grant? Verify your eligibility for an air source heat pump grant
First Time Central Heating System Grant
A central heating system provides warmth to the entire home from a centralized source. It involves a boiler or a heat pump that generates heat, which is then distributed through a network of pipes or ducts to various rooms or areas within the house. And you know it costs a fortune.
However, with the government’s ECO4 grant, you can upgrade your central heating system for FREE, saving thousands of pounds on boiler and heat pump costs, installation, maintenance and servicing, as well as pipework and radiator expenses.
Apart from saving costs, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Convenience and control to adjust the temperature settings to your comfort level.
- A warm temperature ensures comfort in cold seasons.
- Improve your home’s EPC Ratings.
- Increase your property’s value.
- Improved indoor air quality.
It is not only cost-efficient but energy-efficient as well – isn’t that lovely mate?
Check your eligibility for the free first time central heating grant.
How to apply for the ECO 4 grant?
If you’re receiving benefits from the government then you can click on the following links and input your data to check your eligibility.
Please follow this process:
- Go to our Eco Energy Services website and select your grant from the header menu.
- Click on that grant and a new page will open, scroll down a bit and input your Postcode in the eligibility checker form. Then click on “Check Eligibility”.
- You will be redirected to a form, please fill that form with your information to check your eligibility.
- Or you can contact us via our social media pages, email, or phone number and our team will guide you through the eligibility process.
Which government benefits will make me eligible for this ECO 4 scheme?
You need to be availing of at least one of these benefits from the government to be eligible for these free grants.
- Income-Based Employment & Support Allowance – ESA
- Income-Based Jobseekers Allowance – JSA
- Pension Credit Guaranteed Credit
- Pension Credit Savings Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Child Benefit
How will these grants help me improve my EPC ratings?
The surveyor checks the following things before updating your EPC ratings – it’s the criteria that all surveyors follow.
- Compliance with Efficiency Standards
- Decreased Energy Consumption
- Renewable Energy Utilization
- Increased Energy Efficiency
In conclusion, upgrading your boilers, insulation, heat pumps, and central heating system will have a positive impact on your energy efficiency. Therefore, you can expect a jump of 2-3 ratings.
Indeed, you don’t want to miss out on this limited-time opportunity.
Check your eligibility today at Eco Energy Services.